Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd
- Unit 3, Athboy Business Park, Trim Road, Athboy, Co.Meath.
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Established in 1998 and built on an ethos of "Quality Service & Reliability", Midland Heating & Plumbing has developed over the years, becoming a highly respected and leading Plumbing & Heating company of choice across the Leinster region and beyond.
We specialise in the installation, maintenance and servicing of Heating & Plumbing Systems and can offer our client base a comprehensive range of Renewable Energy Solutions tailored to meet the budgetary and future needs for their home.
As an established business, we work to an exceptionally high standard and provide each of our clients with a truly unique and complete service, from their initial enquiry, through to the design, quotation and installation stages and can provide clients with a quality after care service which will give them peace of mind.
Our GDPR Owner and data protection representative can be contacted directly here:
- Ronan Kerrigan – Managing Director
Purpose for processing your data
When a contact form is filled out on our site:
- A copy of the enquiry is stored in the site database for a period of 15 days ONLY. This back up is stored encrypted.
- The original is sent by email to a dedicated internal email address, this is sent via TLS (Transport Layer Security) for higher security.
- Once the original is received, it is then sent to the relevant department to be dealt with, once it is dealt with it is deleted, dependent on the outcome of the query details such as name, number and email may be stored in order for the company to fully process the enquiry e.g transmit by email a quote over to the person who filled in the original form.
- We will never use data provided on forms for marketing purposes.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
You may choose to give us information about you by filling in forms on our site such as the Contact Us Form or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. only asks you to disclose as much information as is necessary to provide you with information requested by you or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our website.
In order for us to provide you the Quality Service & Reliability our clients are used to. Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd need to collect personal data for provision of dealing with our clients queries in a timely manner.
In any event, Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Where you submit your personal information to us, it will only be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes.
Such information will only be used by us for:
- the purposes for which it was provided by you and any reasonably incidental purposes including providing you with the information that you request from us;
Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. undertakes not to sell or rent to any third party whatsoever any personally identifiable information about you.
Who are sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Our CRM providers – opencrm.co.uk, which too is end to end encrypted ensuring maximum security for any data that is stored
- Subcontractors carrying out works on behalf of Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. in order for them to carry out the works
We have issued all our third-party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our clients, , advertisers, event organisers and associates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Data subject rights
Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing.
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Midland Heating and Plumbing Ltd. data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.